Day 1: Got my hair done. Looks good, but not great. Mani and pedi’s are hot-sultry red. Everything has been tanned, waxed, shaved, plucked, and exfoliated. I decided to pop into my local market for lemons, and while there, see if in fact, Operation Turntable was actually do-able. I saw him in the soup isle. Any man buying soup is definitely alone and single. A quick peek into his basket confirmed my suspicion, as four cans of soup, two TV dinners, one roll of toilet paper, and a bag of pistachios, emphatically screams out single. I stood beside him, eyeing up the concentration involved with soup selection. “I like vegetable soup.” My contribution was welcomed. He smiled, I smiled, and then I sacheted (Sp?) off. Yes, I sacheted, taking care to over exaggerate the sway of my hips. I stopped half way down the aisle and looked over my shoulder, making sure he was watching. I followed the chunky soup guy throughout the store. When he was near the checkout, I hurried ahead and paid before he did. Once out of the doors, I waited. I opened my phone and engaged in a hilarious conversation with the time and weather number. At the exact moment chunky soup guy exited the store; I turned around, bumped into him, and dropped all of my lemons on the ground. “Uh sorry Mom, I’ll have to call you back later.” I apologized for being a klutz, and helped him pick up my lemons. He introduced himself as Peter, and asked if he could buy me more lemons. I declined, and told him I preferred it freshly squeezed. Peter gave me his number, and asked me to call him tonight. I agreed and walked away, knowing that I was going to make him wait.
This is my journey at getting even with all of mankind, and on behalf of all women who have been scorned, played, hurt, manipulated, lied to, cheated on, played for stupid, and just plain old wronged. Hopefully, this will make me feel better. Questions, comments, advice, and guidance is welcomed and encouraged!
No comments:
Post a Comment